Home Rule Movement (1916) in India:
- Home Rule Movement was started by Annie Besant and Tilak in 1916.
- Self government for India in British Empire and work for national education, social and political reform etc were the aims of Home Rule League.
- Annie Besnat was the first woman president of INC (1917, Calcutta Session)
- Annie Besant set up the newspapers -New India, Common Weal and Young India (1916).
- Home Rule Movement marks the beginning for the attainment of Swaraj.
- The Montague declaration of 1917 was the greatest achievement of the Home Rule League.
- The Lucknow session of the Indian National Congress in 1916 marked the re union of the Moderates and Extremists together at Lucknow in 1916.
- The Lucknow pact was executed between the congress and Muslim League in 1916.