Fatehpur District of Uttar Pradesh at a Glance

About Fatehpur District :

This district is situated between two important cities Allahabad, which is also known as “Prayag”, and Kanpur of state Uttar Pradesh . This is well connected with those cities by train route and by road also . The distance from Allahabad is 117 Km and from Kanpur is 76 Km by railway . The north boundry of the district is limited by river Ganga and southern is ended with river Yamuna .

In the Vedik era the region of this district was known as “Antardesh”, which means the fertile area between two big rivers . Later, it was known as “Madhyadesh” which means central region . The northern region of the district is influenced with “Avadhi” culture while southern part shows effect of the “Bundelkhand” . The region of Fatehpur was included in the district Vatsa, which was one among sixteen districts described in the Baudh literature

District at a Glance :

  • District – 
  • Headquarters – 
  • State
Area in Sq Km (Census 2011)
  • Total – 
  • Rural – 
  • Urban – 
Population (Census 2011)
  • Population – 
  • Rural – 
  • Urban – 
  • Male – 
  • Female – 
  • Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males) – 
  • Density (Total, Persons per sq km) – 
Constituencies (ECI)
  • Assembly
  • Loksabha

Tourist Places :

Bawani Imali : This monument is the symbol of sacrifices offered by freedom fighters . On 28th April, 1858, fifty two freedom fighters were hanged on an “Imali” tree by the british army . The “Imali” tree still exists, people believe that the growth of tree has stopped after the massacre. This place is very near to town Khajuha in Bindki Subdivision of the district

Bhitaura : This is block headquarter situated at the bank of holy river Ganga . This is the place where renowned saint Bhrigu worshipped for a long time . Here, flow of river Ganga is towards north direction, which is very important from the religious point of view

Hathgam : This is also block headquarter and birth place of great freedom fighter Late Shri Ganesh Shankar Vidyarthi & renowned Urdu poet Shri Iqbal Verma . It is said, this was populated by Saint Parashar

Renh : A very old village situated on the bank of river Yamuna . Two decades before a very old  idol of Lord Vishnu, made up of precious alloy, was found in this village . Now that idol is in a temple in village Kirtikheda on Bindki Lalauli road .

Shivrajpur : This village is situated at the bank of river Ganga near Bindki, which is a sub-division . In this village, there is a very old temple of Lord Krishna, which is  known as “Mirabai Ka Mandir” (temple of Mirabai) .  It is said that idol of Lord Krishna was founded by  Mirabai, a renowned devotee of Lord Krishna and a member of royal family of Mewar state

Tenduli : A village situated on Chaudagara-Bindki road . It is believed that victims of snake/dog biting, persons suffering from parapsychological problems get relief from the temple of Baba Jhamdas in this village