Career choice with VITEEE:
Vellore Institute of Technology is one of the top most Universities of India. This University conducts Vellore Institute of Technology Engineering Entrance Examination (VITEEE) every year to select the best candidates for the admission to the Vellore Institute of Technology. The level of difficulty is moderate when compared to the other competitive exams like IIT JEE, JEE Main etc., There is no negative marking scheme in VITEEE exam. Thus, the students can attend every possible question without missing anyone. Candidates who are preparing for IIT JEE can also apply for this exam since most of the syllabus for VITEEE is covered from IIT JEE.
What after VITEEE? Students those who are preparing for the VITEEE must have questioned themselves “What after VITEEE?”
However, after scoring well in VITEEE exam, you can get desired seats either in VIT Vellore or VIT Chennai campus according to your ranks. Any course in VIT adds more importance to your life and career since it is one of the Top ten Colleges of India.
Brief information about VIT Education:
VIT is a unique University which offers courses through different schools of VIT. They are:
- SENSE (School of Electronics Engineering)
- SAS (School of Advanced Sciences)
- SSL (School of Social science and Languages)
- SCSE (School of Computing Science and Engineering)
Now, lets see few important courses in VIT after VITEEE:
- Bachelor of Technology in Biotechnology:
Biotechnology is an area which uses living organisms for manufacturing chemical products, medicines, day to day life products to qualify the human life. In this engineering course, you will learn how to make use of the living organisms, cells and micro organisms to produce best medicines that will never harm the environment. Biotechnology can be explained with three main topics such as Biochemistry, Gene Technology and Molecular Biology.
Scope for Biotechnology:
Biotechnology has become one of the most demanding engineering courses which have widely opened opportunities for all Biotechnologists in India. The growing demand for Biotechnology in India has made many foreign companies to seek the help of Indians to set up their Biotechnology companies here. There are wide ranges of jobs available for a Biotechnologist such as in Chemical Industries, Textile Industries, Drug and Pharmaceutical research industries, Food processing and Bio processing Industries. Government sectors like Thapar Group, Biocon India Ltd, Hindustan Antibiotics, IDPL , etc., are ready to hire fresh engineering graduates from this Biotechnology groups.
- Bachelor of Technology in Biomedical Engineering:
This is one of the engineering courses which attract more women candidates than any other usual courses. Also, Biomedical engineering stream is selected as a best area to work according to a survey conducted by IEEE’s Spectrum magazine. Biomedical Engineers must have sound knowledge in both the theoretical and practical concepts of medical sciences.
Opportunities in Biomedical Engineering:
- Successful Biomedical Engineer is able to get opportunity in the government sectors like ESIC (Employment State Insurance Corporation), RGBC (Rajiv Gandhi center for Biotechnology and biomedical engineering), National Brain Research Centre (NBRC) etc.,
- A Biomedical engineer can also work in the designations such as Physical therapist, research scientist, patent analyst and technical writers in any Government sectors of India.
- Biomedical engineer is responsible for building, developing and maintaining new biomedical engineering devices which are used for monitoring and treating diseases.
- Bachelor of Technology Mechanical with specialization in Automotive Engineering/Chemical Process Engineering/Energy Engineering:
These are the courses which are uniquely available only in VIT since it is the main center for higher technical education in the country. Bachelor of Technology Mechanical with specialization in Automotive Engineering program is offered by VIT along with ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India), Pune which is an industrial research organization to encourage the graduates with high skills and creativity in Automobile field.
Bachelor of Technology Mechanical with specialization in Energy Engineering which is a useful course for the betterment of human life and also nation’s prosperity. This course well equips the students to face the challenges faced in the energy production, energy conservation & management and distribution of energy. Students who have successfully completed Bachelor of Technology Mechanical with specialization in Chemical Process can work in the designations such as Refining engineer, Production engineer, Process design engineer, Chemical equipment engineer and so on. These students can get opportunities in Government sectors like LPSC, ISRO, Chennai Petroleum Corporation Ltd, IIST, etc.
- Bachelor of Technology Production and Industrial Engineering:
Production and industrial Engineer has wide variety of opportunities in government, private and public sectors. The duty of any production engineer is to produce better working prototype for any industry which can help in saving money and time. On the other hand, Industrial engineers are responsible for predicting and analyzing engineering principles and methods for an Industry along with the knowledge of Mathematics, Physics and Social Sciences.
Thus, on the whole, Production and Industrial Engineering equips a person with every type of essential skills like technical, analytical and managerial which is required to run the industry successfully with limited time, money and other resources.
They can get opportunities in the following sectors such as :
- Automobile companies for checking the operations of automotive equipments
- Food processing industries
- Space and other research industries
- IT Sectors
They can work for the designations such as Plant Engineer, Industrial Managers, Process Engineer, Manufacturing Engineer and Quality Control Engineer. Government sectors like NALCO, SAIL, TATA STEEL, ISRO, FACT, HAL, etc., provide wide opportunity for the production and industrial engineers.
- Bachelor of Technology Computer Science and Engineering with specialization in Bioinformatics:
Bioinformatics is a course which concentrates in application and development of computing tools used in the field of Biology. Bioinformatics has provided many latest tools for maintaining and analyzing the datasets which are really complex for manual maintenance and analysis. This course of Bachelor of Technology in Computer science and Engineering with specialization in Bioinformatics deals with the development of computational tools and related theories, algorithms for analyzing and maintaining the biological data in large databases. Thus, a Bioinformatics course is a combination of Molecular Biology, Chemistry and Computer Science.
Career opportunities in CSE with specialization in Bioinformatics:
- These are the computer engineers who work for the welfare of Biotechnology and Biology fields. Since they have to design, store, maintain the biological datas and derive algorithms they can get opportunities in any of the Bio-production or Bio-processing industries.
- They can also get opportunities in Government sectors like Institute of Microbial Technology, Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, National-Agro Biotechnology Institute, Department of Biotechnology of Government of India, etc.,
- Other courses:
Just like other colleges, VIT consists of general category courses such as B.E. Computer Science and Engineering, B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering, B.E. Electrical and Communication Engineering, B.Tech Information Technology ,etc. These courses have the same standard and the scope according to the industry standards. But however, when completed such courses in VIT, it adds additional importance to your resume.
On the whole, above mentioned courses are all 4 year professional degree courses. You can choose any of the courses according to your interest and skill set. No matter whatever course you choose in VIT, you are assured to get best job opportunities in top most Private and Government sectors due to the brand name “VIT”. Also, the initial pay for any VITians (more or less equal to IITians) will be higher when compared to other Private colleges.