LOYOLA COLLEGE (AUTONOMOUS), CHENNAI – 600 034
M.Sc. DEGREE EXAMINATION – MEDICAL LAB. TECHNOLOGY
FOURTH SEMESTER – APRIL 2012
ML 4811/4807 – HISTOPATHOLOGY AND ESSENTIALS OF LAB
Date : 20-04-2012 Dept. No. Max. : 100 Marks
Time : 1:00 – 4:00
Answer ALL the questions: PART A 2×10=20 marks
- Differentiate histopathologist from histotechnologist.
- How will you calculate the concentration of unknown sample in titrimetric analysis?
- List down any FOUR requirements for dissection room.
- Define excisional biopsy.
- What is bevel?
- Define normal solution.
- What is stropping?
- Comment on vital stains. Give 2 examples.
- How will you check sharpness of knife?
- What is infiltration?
Answer any FOUR: PART B 4×10=40 marks
- Give an account on tissue processing.
- Write notes on types of mountants.
- Describe the various steps involved in tissue fixation.
- Give an account on section cutting and enumerate the problems encountered.
- Describe various biopsy techniques.
- Write briefly on the different types of reagents and solutions.
Answer any TWO: PART C 2×20=40 marks
- Elaborate quality control of laboratory findings.
- Write an essay on handling of histological specimen.
- Discuss the types of microtomes and section cutting.
- Explain in detail the methods of examination of tissue.