JEE Main Exam:
Joint Entrance examination (JEE Main) is a very important national level engineering entrance exam for the admission to the top most engineering colleges in India. JEE Main is conducted by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) which declared JEE Main exam as the common entrance examination in the place of AIEEE and IIT-JEE.
JEE Main is conducted in two types. JEE Advanced which is carried out for the admission to the top Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) and JEE Main is carried out for the admission to the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) , National Institute of Technology (NIT) and Central Funded Technical Institute (CFTI).
JEE Main consists of two papers such as
Paper 1 which is for the admission to the B.E and B.Tech
Paper 2 which is for the admission to the B.Arch and B. planning
Upcoming JEE main exam and Important dates:
- JEE Main online application starts from first week of November 2015
- Last date for the online application: Last week of December 2015
- Application checking: January 2016
- Issuance of Admit card: March 2016 onwards
- JEE Main pen and paper based test: First week of April, 2016
- JEE Main computer based test: Second or third week of April, 2016
- Displaying OMR sheet and answer key on: Fourth week of April, 2016
- Result declaration: First week of July 2016
- Availability of score card: As soon as the results are declared, score cards will be available from official site of JEE Main.
How to apply for JEE Main 2016?
- Visit JEE Main official website http://jeemain.nic.in/webinfo/welcome.aspx during the first week of November, 2015.
- Register for JEE Main You will be getting a username and password to your registered email id.
- Now log in with that username and password. Fill in all the details such as name, father’s name, choice of test city, paper preferred, application number, roll number of 12th board examination, certificates of 10th and 12th, etc.,
- Upload your digital photograph along with your left thumb impression in JPEG format.
- Pay the application fees either through debit or credit card.
- Click on submit button.
- Take a copy of confirmation page.
- General and OBC candidates must have born on or after October 1, 1991.
- There is no minimum age limit for JEE Main exam
- Candidate must have cleared 12th board exam or equivalent qualifying exam with PCM group as their major subjects.
- He/she must have cleared all major subjects with more than 50% of marks.
- Students are allowed maximum of three attempts in JEE Main exam
Pattern and Syllabus:
JEE Main exam are conducted both in online and offline mode.
Online vs offline exam:
- Online test is the most preferred test mode for most of the students. This is because, in online mode it is easy to change the answer (By just tapping other radio button), facility to check the quick view of unanswered questions, navigation between the questions, etc.,
- Students taking online exam will get more time for JEE Main preparation since they are conducted only after offline exam.
- Online exam application fee cost less than offline exam.
- Even exam authorities are trying to bring more students in online mode which helps to cut down money and time.
Pattern for JEE Main 2016:
Total duration of the exam: 3 hours
Total questions: 90
Maximum marks: 360
Each correct attempt carries +4 mark
Each incorrect attempt carries -1 mark
No marks for unanswered questions
Paper 1 consist of Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry
Paper 2 consist of Physics, Chemistry, Drawing and aptitude test, Mathematics
For AIPMT Syllabus and free practice papers with year wise you can follow the below url:
Admit card for JEE Main 2016:
Admit card for JEE Main 2016 will be available from March 2016 onwards. This Admit card contains important details of the student such as name, father’s name, date of birth, choice of city, paper choice, examination date, venue, etc. This is a very important document which must be kept safely even after the exam gets over.
You can download the admit card from the official site of JEE Main (i.e., http://www.jeemain.nic.in)
While downloading, students have to provide their application number and password which you would have received during the time of registration. Admit card is available only to those who have updated their board exam roll number while registration.
If you have not updated your roll number, please visit the following link:
JEE Main is planned to be conducted on April, 2016. Results are expected to be declared on first week of July, 2016. On the basis of the marks secured in JEE Main and 12th board exam (60% and 40% marks respectively) separate rank list will be declared for B.E and B.Planning courses.
Ranks cards will be available for download which consist of details such as:
- Category rank of the candidate
- State rank of the candidate
- All India rank of the candidate
Counselling for JEE Main:
CBSE releases the meritorious students list as soon as the results are announced. JEE Main counselling is to be done through Joint Seat Allocation Authority (JOAA) which allows students to select their seat preference and courses according to the ranks secured.
As soon as the results are announced, you can find the official announcement of Counselling for JEE Main in the website of JOAA. Only those candidate who has secured higher marks than the cut-off benchmark, will be called for the counselling process.
Steps for counselling:
- JEE Main counselling registration
- Fill your choice of college and course
- Locking of your choice
- Allotment of seat
- Payment of fees
- Reporting to the reporting centres
- Reporting to the allotting institute
For the year 2015, JOAA was about to fill 10006 in IIT’s, 17390 seats in NIT’s, 2228 seats in IIIT’s and 3741 seats in the GFTI’s.
Students, who have not selected in IIT’s and NIT’s don’t panic. There are lot of best private and Government colleges in India which accepts JEE Main scores.
Other option is, if you are among the top 1, 50,000 students in JEE Main ranks, there is also a possibility to attend JEE Advanced examination which leads to the admission of top IIT’s of the country.