Preparation for JEE Main 2016:
As all Indian aspirants know, Joint Entrance Examination(JEE) is a national level entrance test conducted for the admission to the various government and private institutions like NITs (National Institute of Technology) and IIITs (Indian Institute of Information Technology). Students who score well in JEE Main exam will be able to get admission in Engineering and technical courses in top most colleges of the country.
About JEE Exam:
Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is a two tier examination in which first stage of exam is “JEE Main” and the second stage of the exam is said to be “JEE Advanced”. JEE Main is the entrance test which is a gateway for the B.Tech courses offered by the famous institutes like IIITs and NITs. Whereas, those who clear JEE Main exam are eligible to take the JEE Advanced entrance test which is a gateway for engineering courses in the institutes like IITs (Indian Institute of Technology) (Ultimate dream institute for many Indian students)
But before start preparing for JEE Main 2016, it is important to know the following details about the Joint Entrance Examination Main 2016.
- Candidates should have studied Physics and Mathematics in their Class 12
- They must have compulsorily studied any of the following subjects: Computer Science, Bio-technology, Chemistry and Biology and should have secured minimum 50% of marks in all the subjects.
- Candidates must have born on or after October 1991.
- Candidates must have passed Class 12 or equal qualifying exam in 2014 or 2015.
- You can download JEE Main 2016 Admit card on March 2016(Tentative date).
- Tentative dates for JEE Main 2016 exam are:
Online Test: April 2016
Offline Test: April 2016
- You can check the complete Application procedure for JEE Main 2016 in the official portal of JEE Main 2016.
How to Prepare for JEE Main 2016?
Please ensure the Pattern and Syllabus for the JEE Main 2016 examination. In order to score well in this exam, you must be very clear about the pattern and syllabus of the examination. Also please note the following details which are very important for the candidates who are taking this exam.
Please make note of the following link for checking the syllabus of JEE Main 2016:
- Total duration for the JEE Main 2016: 3 hours
- Total Questions: 90
- Maximum marks: 360
- Paper 1 sections: Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics (BE/B.Tech)
Objective type of questions and equal marks for all the above subjects. This section can be written using pen and paper based or computer based.
- Paper 2 sections: Physics, Chemistry & Drawing and Aptitude test(B.Arch/Planning)
Objective type of questions in above subjects including aptitude questions and drawing. This section can be written only using pen and paper.
- Marks for correct answer: +4
- Marks for wrong answer: -1
- Zero marks will be considered for “No answer”
You need to download the application form the official JEE apex board. Candidates who are going to take up JEE Main 2016 exam must note that Paper I will be held both in online and offline mode. Please choose the mode in which you like to appear.
For guaranteed success in the JEE Main 2016 exam, it is important to prepare in the following manner
- Plan according to each subject.
Plan according to each subject:
This is very important thing to score well in this exam. Give equal importance to all subjects and plan accordingly. You can also refer the following books.
36 years IIT asked by Arihant
H.C.Verma volume 1 and 2
R.D.Sharma Objective Volume 1 and 2
Play with graphs by Amit M aggarwal
36 years IIT asked by Arihant
Organic: Morrison and Boyd
36 years IIT asked by Arihant
- Plan and schedule your subjects. Schedule atleast 2 hours for every subject and learn according to that. More you strive hard, more you can score high in JEE Main 2016.
- Start to learn new things at the beginning since it gives hopes and concentration in the subjects.
- Give a ten minutes break after you complete each subject and then start with the next one.
- Revise your earlier portions every morning and then start the present day’s portion.
- If it is mathematics, please don’t hesitate to try the same in your rough note. Things change when you try on your own.
- Try to spend more time for difficult subjects and make them thorough and confident.
- Try to refer to previous years question papers like JEE Main 2013, JEE Main 2014, JEE Main
- You can find such question papers with solutions in the following links
However your study method is, the most important part of your learning is practice. The more you sweat in practice, the less you bleed in battle.
As said above, practice your subjects very carefully.
- For mathematics, try to solve the solution on your own. Try to solve everything without referring the books.
- For chemistry or Physics, try to solve the equations on your own.
- For other subjects plan and practice accordingly.
- Never postpone your schedule. Please try to complete the scheduled syllabus within the same day.
Revise your previous lessons daily and also schedule to revise once in every week. This will Brush up your memory and make you feel more comfortable with the subjects.
Special Tips for JEE Main 2016:
- If you have already started taking coaching for JEE Main in any coaching centre, be regular and keep practicing.
- If you have not yet started to go to coaching class, it’s never too late. Start preparing right now.
- Always be in contact with your seniors. It’s good to know their experience facing the JEE Main
- Around 45% of JEE Main aspirants wish to take online coaching than any direct coaching centre.
- You can make best use of internet by taking part in the mock test, watching video lectures, taking online exams, etc.
You can check the following link for taking mock test of JEE Main 2015
- Please make note of all the important topics in all subject. Concentrate more on that.
Hope these tips will help you crack the JEE Main 2016 exam. Be confident and cool. Make efficient use
of time. All the best for cracking JEE Main 2016!!