Posts

RaeBareli District of Uttar Pradesh at a Glance

About RaeBareli District :

The district of Raebareli, which was created by the British in 1858, is named after its headquarters town. Tradition has it that the town was founded by the Bhars and was known as Bharauli or Barauli which in course of time got corrupted into Bareli. The prefix, Rae, is said to be a corruption of Rahi, a village 5km. west of the town. It is also said that the prefix, Rae, represents Rae, the common title of the Kayasths who were masters of the town for a considerable period of time.

Since about the begining of the media level period of indian history the region in the south of which the area covered by the district of Raebareli lies has been known as avadh or subhah of avadh. In the north it streched as far as the foothills of the Himmalays and in the south as far as the Ganga beyond which lay the Vatsa country. There is no doubt that the district has been civilised and settled life since very early times.

District at a Glance :

  • District – 
  • Headquarters – 
  • State
Area in Sq Km (Census 2011)
  • Total – 
  • Rural – 
  • Urban – 
Population (Census 2011)
  • Population – 
  • Rural – 
  • Urban – 
  • Male – 
  • Female – 
  • Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males) – 
  • Density (Total, Persons per sq km) – 
Constituencies (ECI)
  • Assembly
  • Loksabha

Tourist Places :

Samaspur Bird Santuary :

Samaspur Bird Santuary is situated in Rohaniya Development block of the district, about 122 k.m from Lucknow on Lucknow-Varanasi highway. It was established in 1987 on a total area of about 799.371 hectare. Nearest railway station is Unchahar and the nearest airport is Fursatganj, Raebareli.The best period of visit is from November to March. More than 250 varieties of birds can be seen here.Some of the birds come here from a distance of 5000 k.m. which include Greleg Googe, Pin Tail, Common Teel, Vision, Showler, Surkhab etc. Local birds include Comb Duck, Whistling Teel, Spot Bill, Spoon Bill, King Fisher, Vulture etc. Twelve varieties of fish are there in the lake at Samaspur

Dalmau :

Dalmau is situated on the banks of Holy Ganga and is famous since ancient times. It has been the Historical town of the district. Prominent palces at Dalmau are King Dal’s fort, Bara Math, Mahesh Giri Math, Nirala memorial Institute, A well constructed by Ebrahim Sharki, Palace of Nawab Shuza-ud-daula, Baithak of Alhaa Udal, Dalmau Pump canal etc.

Behta Bridge :

This Bridge is situated in the outskirts of the Raebareli city. The important thing of this Bridge is that at this place Sharda canal crosses the Sai river. An aqueduct has been constructed and the canal flows in the duct.

 

 

 

Mathura District of Uttar Pradesh at a Glance

About Mathura District :

Mathura is a sacred city in Uttar Pradesh, northern India. The deity Lord Krishna is said to have been born on the site of Sri Krishna Janma Bhoomi, a Hindu temple. Dotting the Yamuna River are 25 ghats (flights of steps down to the water), of which Vishram Ghat is considered the holiest. Sati Burj is a 16th-century memorial tower. Dwarkadhish Temple has a carved entrance and a black-marble idol of Lord Krishna

District at a Glance :

  • District – 
  • Headquarters – 
  • State
Area in Sq Km (Census 2011)
  • Total – 
  • Rural – 
  • Urban – 
Population (Census 2011)
  • Population – 
  • Rural – 
  • Urban – 
  • Male – 
  • Female – 
  • Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males) – 
  • Density (Total, Persons per sq km) – 
Constituencies (ECI)
  • Assembly
  • Loksabha

Tourist Places :

Govardhan Hill :

Govardhan Hill is situated at a distance of 22 km from Mathura. It has been stated in the Holy Bhagwat Gita that according to Lord Krishna, Govardhan Parvat is not different from him. Therefore, all his worshipers worship the pure rocks of the hill just like they worship his idol. The hill is made up of sandstone and stands 80 ft tall with a circumference of 38 km. Some interesting places one gets to visit the hills including Mansi Ganga, Mukharvind, and Daan Ghati.

History says that Lord Krishna lifted the Govardhan Hill during his childhood on one finger to save his village of Mathura from fierce rains and thunderstorm. This hill is thereby considered holy and is visited by worshipers on Guru Purnima, Govardhan Puja in devotion by walking 23 km barefoot around the mountain. After Lord Krishna had saved his village, he told everyone to worship the hill which is why Govardhan Puja is a day after Diwali. It is a serene place, and definitely, a must visit!

Dwarkadheesh Temple :

The temple was constructed in the year 1814 by the treasurer of the Estate of Gwalior, Seth Gokul Das Parikh. The temple lies nearby Vishram Ghat. The temple is dedicated to Lord Krishna. Since Lord Krishna is also referred to as ‘King of Dwarka’, hence the temple got its name. Lord Krishna and Radha are the primary deities in the main shrine of the temple. The temple has paintings and carvings inside which give an ethereal look to the temple. Visitors from all over visit the place especially during the festival of Janmashtmi.

The temple comprises of the deity of Lord Krishna which is composed of black marble and the idol of Radha which is made up of white marble. The temple is massive and has a main building which is large and covered with an entrance which is constructed in Rajasthani style. The entrance has sharp steps which lead to the courtyard of the temple. Many God and Goddesses are present inside which make the temple all the more attractive and exquisite.

Ghats :

Multiple theerthams present here are well known as ghats with 25 of them present today in Mathura are related to Lord Krishna. It is believed that performance of certain rituals here can get rid one of all past wrongdoings and hence is visited by numerous devotees.

A visit to all 25 ensures a complete pilgrimage of Mathura

 

Farrukhabad District of Uttar Pradesh at a Glance

About Farrukhabad District :

Farrukhabad was founded by Nawab Mohammad Khan Bangash, who named it after the reigning emperor Farrukhsiyar, in 1714, the district of Farrukhabad forms part of Kanpur division. The township of Farrukhabad, Fatehgarh consist of two towns, Farrukhabad & Fatehgarh, the former being the headquarters of the Tehsil & the latter forming the headquarters of the district, both lying about 5 Kms apart. The district as it exists now is bounded by Badaun and Shahjahanpur on the north, Hardoi on the east, Kannauj on the south and district Etah & Mainpuri on the west. Rivers Ganga & Ramganga are located towards the east & Kali Nadi towards the south.

Fatehgarh derives its name from an old fort. Fatehgarh remained a Military Station of considerable importance and in 1802 it became the headquarters of the Governor Generals Agent for the ceded provinces. In 1818 a gun carriage factory was established here.

The Farrukhabad district consist of 3 Tehsils with a total area of 2,28,830 Ha., has 7 Blocks, 603 Gram Panchayats, 1020 Revenue villages, 14 Police Stations, 2 Nagar Palikas and 4 Nagar Panchayats (Town Area) & 1 Cantt. Board with total population of 18.85 Lacs approximately.

District at a Glance :

  • District – 
  • Headquarters – 
  • State
Area in Sq Km (Census 2011)
  • Total –  
  • Rural – 
  • Urban – 
Population (Census 2011)
  • Population – 
  • Rural – 
  • Urban – 
  • Male – 
  • Female – 
  • Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males) – 
  • Density (Total, Persons per sq km) – 
Constituencies (ECI)
  • Assembly
  • Loksabha

Tourist Places :

Kampil :

Situated at about 45 Kms. from district headquarter in Tehsil Kaimganj, it is a place of great antiquity and is said to have been founded by the Sant Kampila. It was here that the famous Svayamvara took place in which Arjun succeeded in winning the hand of Draupadi. The temple of Rameshwarnath Mahadev, which stands in the town is very old. The temple is traditionally attributed to Shatrughana brother of Rama. It is said that he had brought the idol (Lingam) of Shiva, which was worshipped by Sita, the wife of Rama in Ashok Vatika while she was held in captivity in Lanka. This idol is said to be stalled in this temple. The Sarogi community subscribed to the erection of three temples dedicated to the Jain tirthankara, Neminath which has made the place sacred to the Jains

Sankisa :

Situated at about 38 Kms. to the south-west of the district headquarters. The lace is known for its association with Budha and its ancient Buddhist remains. According to the Buddhist belief it is believed that it was here that Budha descended again upon earth after he had been for three months in heaven

Faizabad District of Uttar Pradesh at a Glance

About Faizabad District :

The city of Faizabad originally known as Fyzabad, is situated in Eastern India, in Uttar Pradesh State, on the bank of River Saryu, about 130 k.m. east of Lucknow. The city was founded by Ali Vardi Khan, nawab of Bengal (1676-1756) in 1730. The foundation of Faizabad was laid by Saadat Khan, the second Nawab of Awadh. His successor Shuja-ud-daula made it the capital of Awadh. Faizabad as a township, developed about 220 years ago. Safdar Jang, the second nawab of Avadh (1739-54), made it as his military headquarters. His successor Suja-ud-daula built a fort here. It was known as Chhota Calcutta, now the fort has ruined. He built the Chowk in 1765 and subsequently built the Anguribagh and Motibagh to the south of Faizabad and Asafbagh and Bulandbagh to the west of the city. During the reign of Shuja-ud-daula, Faizabad attained such a prosperity which it never saw again. The Nawabs graced Faziabad with several beautiful buildings, notable among them are the Gulab Bari, Moti Mahal and the tomb of Bahu Begum. Gulab Bari is a beautiful building of fine architecture, standing in a garden surrounded by a wall, approachable through two large gateways. These buildings are particularly interesting for their assimilative architectural styles. Shuja-ud-daula’s wife was the well known Bahu Begum, who married the Nawab in 1743 and continued to reside in Faizabad, her residence being the Moti-Mahal. Close by at Jawaharbagh lies her Maqbara, where she was buried after her death in 1816. It is considered to be one of the finest buildings of its kind in Avadh, which was built at the cost of three lakh rupees by her chief advisor Darab Ali Khan. A fine view of the city is obtainable from top of the begum’s tomb. Bahu Begum was a woman of great distinction and rank, bearing dignity. Most of the Muslim buildings of Faizabad are attributed to her. From the date of Bahu Begum’s death in 1815 till the annexation of Avadh, the city of Faizabad gradually fell into decay. The glory of Faizabad finally eclipsed with the shifting of capital from Faizabad to Lucknow by Nawab Asaf-ud-daula.Faizabad is a place of sugar refineries and mills for extracting oil from seeds. It is a market center for the produce of the surrounding area, including grain, oilseeds, cotton, and tobacco. A hydroelectric plant is located nearby. The ruins of the ancient town of Ajodhya, with the modern town standing nearby, are located across the river and form a part of Faizabad. Ayodhya, which is among the principal religious centers of India, is an important place of Hindu pilgrimage. Faizabad is a small developing city, here you can have fun of both the worlds of the town as well as the village if you go outside the city you will find lots of fields with plenty of crops.

District at a Glance :

  • District – 
  • Headquarters – 
  • State
Area in Sq Km (Census 2011)
  • Total – 
  • Rural – 
  • Urban – 
Population (Census 2011)
  • Population – 
  • Rural – 
  • Urban – 
  • Male – 
  • Female – 
  • Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males) – 
  • Density (Total, Persons per sq km) – 
Constituencies (ECI)
  • Assembly
  • Loksabha

Tourist Places :

Maqbura
Ayodhya TEMPLE
KUND
FAIRS AND FESTIVALS
GHATS
GARDEN
Gulab Bari Hanuman Garhi Mani Ram Das ki Chhowni (Choti Chhowni) Dant Dhawan Kund Ramnavmi Mela Nageshwar Ghat Tulsi Udyan
Bahu Begum Ka Maqbura Kanak Bhawan,Ram janmbhumi Raghunath Ji ki Chhowni (Barai Chhowni) Vidya Kund Saavan Jhoola Mela Nirmochan Ghat Rajghat Udyan
Ramkatha Park Valmiki Bhawan,Janki Maha Tapsi Ji ki Chhowni Dashrath Kund Panchkosi Parikrama Vasudeo Ghat Ram ki Pairi
Dashrath Samadhi Asharphi Bhawan,Ram Kuchehri Mauni Baba ki Chhowni Vibhishan Kund Chaudah Kosi Parikrama Jhunki Ghat
Achari ka Sagra Kale Ram Mandir Tulsidas ki Chhowni Sita Kund Lakshman Ghat
Chhapia Mandir Koslesh Sadan Vashitha Kund Gola Ghat
Chireswar Nath Mahadeo Totadri Math Suraj Kund Tulsidas Ghat
Bada Sthan Dashrath Mahal Lakshman Kila,Tulsi Smarak Bhawan Hanuman Kund Ram Ghat
Rang Mahal,Shayma Sadan Ramkatha Sangrahalya,Shish Mahal Sonkar Kund Chakratirth Ghat
Mani Parvat Surshari Mandir,Nishad Raj Mandir Bharat Kund
Nageshwar Nath Hanuman Bagh,Bada Bhakt Maal
Shugreev Kila ,Surshari Mandir Mandir Janki Ghat
Chhotty Deokali ,Sita Rasoi, Vedanti Mandir
Hanuman Bagh,Bada Bhakt Maal Kausalya Bhawan
Mandir Janki Ghat,Vedanti Mandir Gurudwara Nazerbagh,Gurudwara Brahmakund
Kausalya Bhawan,Gurudwara Nazerbagh Jain Swetamber Mandir,Jain Digamber Mandir

Budaun District Uttar Pradesh at a Glance

About Budaun District :

Budaun (बदायूं) is holy land of Great Sufi Saint’s, Auliya, Wali and Peer’s as well as a place of izarat’s. It is very holi place in the India. According to Prof. Goti John this city was named  “BEDAMOOTH” (बेदामूथ) in an ancient inscription (stone writeup, शिलालेख) which  is now in Lucknow Musium. In that Period this pradesh was known as PANCHAL (पांचाल). According to a line of that Stone Writeup there was a village “BHADAUNLAK” near it. Muslim Historian (इतिहासकार) Mr. Roz Khan Lodhi said that King Ashoka Built a Buddh Vihar & Quila (किला) and he named it BuddhMau (बुद्धमउ). Geographically BUDAUN City is located near Holy River GANGA (गंगा), at Lattitude 28 Degree 02 Minute 30 Second East & Longitude 79 Degree 01 Minute 20 Second North on Globe. Length of District is 144 Km. & Width is 60 Km. And Total area of District is 4234Sq. Km. Budaun City is 235 Km. From Delhi & 311 Km. From Lucknow. Budaun has average elevation of 169 metres (554 feet).

District at a Glance :

  • District – 
  • Headquarters – 
  • State
Area in Sq Km (Census 2011)
  • Total – 
  • Rural – 
  • Urban – 
Population (Census 2011)
  • Population – 
  • Rural – 
  • Urban – 
  • Male – 
  • Female – 
  • Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males) – 
  • Density (Total, Persons per sq km) – 
Constituencies (ECI)
  • Assembly
  • Loksabha

Tourist Places :

 

 

 

 

B.S. Chauhan

Name Hon’ble Dr. Justice B.S. Chauhan
Address 6, Judge’s Bungalow, High Court Campus, Allahabad
Administrative Judge for the District Member Administrative Committee
Source Bar
Posting Allahabad
Date of Birth 02/07/1949
Initial Joining 05/04/1995
Re-Joining at Allahabad 13/03/2003
Date of Retirement 01/07/2011
Graduated in Law in the year 1974 from Banaras Hindu University
Enrolled as an Advocate in April 1974.
Practised in Supreme Court and Delhi High Court in Civil, Criminal, Commercial, Taxes and Services Matters.
Worked as Counsel for the Government of Uttar Pradesh in Supreme Court and Standing Counsel for NOIDA in Supreme Court and Delhi High Court.
Elevated as permanent Judge of the Allahabad High Court on 05/04/1995. Transferred to Rajasthan High Court on 19/07/1997. Again transferred to Allahabad High Court on 13/03/2003.
E-Mail ID : [email protected]

 

Trivendra Singh Rawat

Trivendra Singh Rawat is an Indian politician and is the eighth and current Chief Minister of Uttarakhand. Rawat was a member of the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh from 1979 to 2002 and held the post of organizing secretary of the Uttarakhand region, and later the state, after its formation in 2000. He was elected from Doiwala in the State’s first legislative assembly elections in 2002. He retained his seat in the 2007 elections and served as the State’s Minister of Agriculture. As a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party, he served as Jharkhand’s in-charge and Uttarakhand cadre’s president. Winning from Doiwala again in 2017, he was named the Chief Minister after his party won majority and formed the government

 

Krishan Kant Paul

The State of Uttarakhand (earlier known as Uttaranchal) came into existence on 9th November, 2000 as the 27th State of the Republic of India. With the creation of the State of Uttarakhand, the Raj Bhawan was temporarily established at Bijapur House situated on New Cantonment Road, Dehradun. Subsequently the Circuit House, Dehradun was redesignated as Raj Bhawan and the first Governor, Shri Surjit Singh Barnala, shifted there on 25th December 2000. The present Raj Bhawan (earlier known as Circuit House) was built in 1902. It was then called “Court House”, where the then British Governor of United Provinces (now Uttar Pradesh) often used to reside. In the post-Independence period, India’s first Prime Minister, Pt. Jawaharlal Nehru used to stay in this building whenever he visited Dehradun. From time to time, various Presidents of India and almost all Prime Ministers, so far, have stayed in this historic building. The Rajbhawan is situated at a height of 2305 ft. from sea level.

While the Raj Bhawan was shifted to Circuit House, the Governor’s Secretariat continued to function from Bijapur House premises till 27 July 2009, when the new Raj Bhawan Secretariat and Auditorium buildings were inaugurated by H.E. Shri B. L. Joshi (the 3rd Governor of Uttarakhand). Later, a separate Governor’s Official Residence was built in this premises which was inaugurated by Smt. Margaret Alva (the fourth Governor of Uttarakhand) on 14 April, 2010. The Old building, previously known as Circuit House, is now being used as Raj Bhawan Guest House.

The sprawling Lawns, Bonsai Garden and rich floral species add to the charm and beauty of the Rajbhawan.

The Auditorium of Raj Bhawan is a special venue where various important events e.g. oath-taking ceremonies, seminars, book-release functions and cultural programmes etc. are organised.

Uttarakhand is one of the few States in the country which can boast of two Raj Bhawans. The second Raj Bhawan of Uttarakhand is situated in Nainital. In the pre-Independence era, Nainital served as the summer capital of United Provinces (now Uttar Pradesh) and this beautiful building, built like a Scottish castle was christened as the “Government House”. After Independence it was renamed as Raj Bhawan. The foundation stone of Nainital Raj Bhawan was laid on 27th April 1897 and the construction took two years to complete. It is built on European pattern and based on Gothic Architecture.

The designers of Raj Bhawan (Nainital) were Architect Stevens and the Executive Engineer FOW Ortel. Burma teak has been used in conjunction with other versions of teak. Local stones have been used in its construction, with Ashler’s finishing. Some of the privileged occupants of the Raj Bhawan (Nainital) in the pre-Independence era include Sir Antony Mac Ddonald, Sir James, Sir John Misten, Sir Harcourt Butler, who were the then Governors of the United Provinces. In the post-Independence period, Smt. Sarojini Naidu, the first Governor of Uttar Pradesh, was the first occupant of this historic monument.

Abutting the Raj Bhawan is 160 acres of forest land which has a number of faunal species, besides large number of floral varieties. The Raj Bhawan (Nainital) also has a Golf Course spread over 45 acres. The Golf Course, built in 1936, is one of the vintage golf courses in India, and is affiliated to the Indian Golf Union (IGU). Tourists can enjoy a game of golf after paying a small green fee

Darjeeling District of West Bengal at a Glance

About Darjeeling District :

Darjeeling, the northernmost district of the Jalpaiguri Division, roughly resembles an inverted wedge with its base resting on Sikkim, its sides touching Nepal, Bhutan and the Jalpaiguri District of West Bengal. The district is located at 27 Deg. 13 Min. N to 26 Deg. 27 Min. North Latitude and 88 Deg. 53 Min. E to 87 Deg. 59 Min. East Longitude. The Area of the district is 3149 sq km. The district is divided into 4 Subdivisions 12 Blocks and 1534 Villages. The places of tourist interests in the districts are Darjeeling, Kalimpong, Kurseong means – the place of White Orchid, Mirik-a nest in the hills , Mungpoo, and Darjeeling Himalayan Railway

District at a Glance

  • District – 
  • Headquarters – 
  • State
Area in Sq Km (Census 2011)
  • Total – 
  • Rural – 
  • Urban – 
Population (Census 2011)
  • Population – 
  • Rural – 
  • Urban – 
  • Male – 
  • Female – 
  • Sex Ratio (Females per 1000 males) – 
  • Density (Total, Persons per sq km) – 
Constituencies (ECI)
  • Assembly
  • Loksabha – 

Tourist Places :

Tiger Hill :

Situated at an altitude of 2590 meters (8482 ft.) and 13 kilometers from the town, this spot has earned international fame for the magnificent view of the sunrise over the “Kanchanjunga” and the great eastern Himalayan Mountains. Even Mount Everest, the world’s highest peak, is visible from here. The hesitant rays of the early morning sun paint these peaks in pale gold

Batasia Loop and the War Memorial :

The Batasia loop situated almost 5 km away from the town is a gigantic railway loop where the Toy Train makes a 360 Degree turn. It was basically built to make it possible for the Toy Train to cut the deep ascend. Strategically located the Batasia Loop offers a panoramic view of the Kanchanjunga Range.A War Memorial constructed in the memory of the brave sons of the soil who laid down their lives in the different wars since the independence of the nation adds to its attraction. There is also a well furbished market where visitors can buy locally made purses, bags and other decorative items.
Chowrasta and Mall :
Chowrasta, a wide promenade atop a ridge lined with shops and restaurants is taken to be the heart of the town. Here people gather to chat, spend time basking in the sun or just to snatch a moment of peace. The Brabourne Park is attached to the Chowrasta and now features a musical fountain. This place is an open place and free from vehicular movements from where one can watch the scenic beauty of the mountain range and take charm of walking at the Darjeeling Mall. Chowrasta is the central place of the Mall Road
Ganga Maya Park :
Situated 10 km from town, Rock Garden and Ganga Maya Park has now developed into a very attractive picnic spot with natural water falls. The park offers boating facilities and is endowed with great scenic beauty. Ample eateries are available for visitors to indulge in local delicacies and one can even buy souvenirs. No fees are charged for taking photographs. Visitors are however, required to make arrangements for transportation. A two way travel arrangement is advisable.