Date – 16/01/2018
Vajra Prahar: Indo-US joint military exercise to be held in Seattle.
– The Indo-US joint military exercise ‘Vajra Prahar’ will be held at Joint Base Lewis-McChord (JBLM) in Seattle in third week of January in line with the increasing military cooperation between both countries.
– In this edition of bilateral exercise, Indian Army team from the Pune-headquartered Southern Command will participate. The exercise will mainly focus on special operations in urban areas.
– The aim of the Vajra Prahar exercise is to promote military relations between two countries by enhancing interoperability and mutual exchange of tactics between Special Forces.
– Share best practices between two armies, Develop joint strategies by sharing expertise of conducting operations in a counter-insurgency and counter-terrorism environment & Capitalise on rich repository of experiences of each other armies.
– ‘Vajra Prahar’ is Indo-US Special Forces joint training exercise conducted alternately in India and the US started in 2010. It is conducted annually, but there was a gap of three years between 2012 and 2015. The last edition was held in Jodhpur in March 2017.