There are various popular engineering entrance examination in India such as JEE Main, JEE Advanced, IIT JEE, etc. Birla Institute of Technology and Science (BITSAT) is a one such popular engineering entrance examination which is conducted to filter out the most talented students for the admission to the engineering courses in BITS campuses.
It is one of the best prestigious private colleges of India for pursuing under graduate engineering courses. It is also only Indian institution which has three campuses in India and one campus in Dubai.
Currently, BITS campuses are as follows:
- Pilani campus which was established in the year 1929.
- Hyderabad campus which was established in the year 2008
- K K Birla Goa campus which was established in the year 2004
- Dubai campus which was established in the year 2000
BITS Pilani was declared as a deemed University under the Act of UGC. BITSAT is the only mode for getting into BITS’s Integrated First degree programmes.
BITSAT is one of the toughest online engineering entrance exam conducted on May month of every year. Being one of the most renowned and prestigious college of India, it has its own exam pattern to check the student’s engineering knowledge deeply.
Let us check few details about BITSAT 2015.
BITSAT 2015 was commenced on May 14 and ended up in May 29, 2015. Around 1 lakh 80,000 students took part in this exam and it was considered as one of the toughest exams than the usual BITSAT.
Apart from the portions of NCERT books, there were lot of difficult questions from rotational motion, derivatives, inertia and limits, etc. Students who performed well in this exam were directly given the score card. It seems no group discussion and personal interview was conducted this year.
Important dates for BITSAT 2016: (Tentative)
Let’s check out the important dates for BITSAT 2016
Application form will be available from: December third week, 2015
Last date for the application form: February fourth week, 2016
Allotment of test center and announcement to the candidates: February fourth week, 2016
Reserving test date: First to third week of March, 2016
Issuance of Admit card or Hall ticket: Third to last week of April, 2016
BITSAT 2016 Online examination dates: Second to last week of May, 2016
Candidates to apply for the admission along with their 12th class certificates: Third week to last week of June, 2016
Admission list and waiting list announcement: July first week, 2016
Are you eligible for BITSAT?
Let’s check the eligibility for BITSAT 2016 below:
- Candidate must have secured at least 75% of average marks in 12th board exam with 60% in all major subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics.
- Candidates who are currently pursuing 12th standard can also apply for this exam.
- Toppers in 12th board examination are given more preference during the BITS admission.
- Candidate must be well versed in English.
How to apply for BITSAT 2016?
- Candidates who are interested in BITSAT have to register their names in BITSAT 2016 through the website http://www.bitsadmission.com.(Please wait for the official announcement of the BITSAT 2016)
- Fill in the application form carefully by entering all the required informations such as name, Father’s name, certificates of 12th and 10th, date of birth, etc., and pay the prescribed fees either through debit or credit card.
- The fee prescribed must be around Rs.2090/- for male candidates and Rs.1590/- for female candidates.
- Click on the submit button and take a print out of the confirmation page.
BITSAT Pattern and syllabus:
Total duration of the BITSAT exam: 3 hours
Examination mode: Online test
Language of the question booklet: English
Each correct attempt carries 3 marks
Each incorrect attempt deducts -1 mark
The paper is divided into four parts such as :
Part I: Physics which contains 40 questions
Part II: Chemistry which contains 40 questions
Part III: English proficiency contains 15 questions whereas Logical reasoning contains 10 questions
Part IV: Mathematics or Biology which contains 45 questions
Every student will be getting different question booklet. The questions will be set with equal difficulty levels. Students have to choose the Part IV preference and they are given question booklet according their choice (mathematics or Biology).
Special thing in BITSAT:
Students who are capable can also opt to solve 12 more questions along with the above 150 questions in the question booklet. These 12 questions must be completed before the stipulated time frame. Also, the students cannot go behind the previous questions for any revision or correction after choosing to solve these 12 questions.
Syllabus for BITSAT 2016:
Syllabus for BITSAT can be referred in following link:
How to prepare for BITSAT 2016?
- Online study material for BITSAT is available which covers all the topics of Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology.
- You can also download previous years question papers, participate in mock test, create self test, etc.
- You can also take part in the online mock test for BITSAT which is conducted widely through several websites.
Admit card for BITSAT 2016:
Admit card or Hall ticket will be available for download (April 2016 onwards) from the official website of BITSAT. Admit card may contain important details of the candidate such as Name, Father’s name, Date of birth, Choice of city, Application number or registration number, Date of his exam, Venue of his exam, etc.
This is a very important document which is needed throughout the admission process.
To download the admit card, you have to remember the username and password which you received during the time of registration. If you have forgotten the username and password, don’t panic. There are instructions in the official site to find out the forgotten password or username.
Admit card must not be folded or defaced. Students have to paste their photographs in the admit card before entering into the examination hall.
Announcement of the results:
BITSAT exam will be held on May, 2016. Results are expected to be declared on first week of July, 2016. Candidates can check their results online with their roll numbers and application number.
Merit list of the students will be later announced by the organizing committee. As soon as the results are declared, students are provided with their score card which contains sectional as well as overall rank of the student.
Seat Allotment for BITSAT:
Merit list of the students will be called for the counselling session. Those candidates have to fill in and submit the application form to participate in the BITSAT counselling. According to the student’s overall rank, availability of seats, BITS organization will announce the admission list with which the students will be allotted seat in any of the BITS campuses. Generally, BITSAT counselling takes place in four iterations.
Thus, students who are currently started to prepare for BITSAT, remember to note the pattern and syllabus of BITSAT carefully. Since this is one of the toughest exams be ready to face any kinds of questions apart from the syllabus.
All the best to crack BITSAT 2016!!